The General English course is intended for students wishing to learn English for a broad range of different purposes. All four macro-skills of English, including Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening are focused in a program which enables students to pursue their interests in the areas of work, study and leisure.
Our General English courses aim at equipping students with language skills for daily communication, from shopping, travel, and work to social situations. In addition, our courses can be seen as a platform for pathways to our Vocational courses or IELTS Preparation courses.
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Latest proof of English proficiency (if applicable).
- Students will need to be placement tested on arrival and placed in the most suitable level for their current language proficiency.
- Students’ progress through the levels is based on their performance.
There are 4 levels in this course, including
- Upper Intermediate
The General English course includes the following components:
- Theme-based language development from core textbook which every student needs to purchase
- Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing Skills Extension
- Regular reviews and testing of what has been covered throughout the course
- Regular educational and cultural excursions
Delivery and Assessments
The General English courses are delivered through classroom face-to-face instruction, individual and group projects, class presentations and discussions, and educational/cultural excursions. Assessment will be based on attendance, participation, coursework and end-of-course tests. Students will be assessed through progress testing of core textbook content every month.
Note: Students are given a textbook at their entry-level but are required to purchase a new textbook from the next level onwards.