This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and communication and who demonstrate a range of skills to ensure that functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area.
Typically, the individuals would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams.
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or international equivalent, or a minimum 2 years industry experience in related fields.
- Students who intend to enrol in this course must completed the following units (or equivalent competencies):
– BSBCMM411 Make presentations
– BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
– BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
– BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
– BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
– BSBWRT411 Write complex documents.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
- Students must have good communication skills. Candidates whose English is not their first language are required to prove their English language skills which is equivalent to an upper- intermediate level (IELTS 5.5)
Duration : 60 Weeks tuition plus 18 weeks term breaks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB50620
|BSBMKG541||Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities|
|BSBMKG542||Establish and monitor the marketing mix|
|BSBMKG552||Design and develop marketing communication plans|
|BSBMKG555||Write persuasive copy|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work|
|BSBMKG543||Plan and interpret market research|
|BSBMKG545||Conduct marketing audits|
|BSBMKG546||Develop social media engagement plans|
|BSBFIN501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
|BSBMKG551||Create multiplatform advertisements for mass media|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
After achieving the BSB50620 – Diploma of Marketing and Communication, students may undertake the BSB60520- Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication.
Graduates of the BSB50620 – Diploma of Marketing and Communication will develop an understanding of the dynamics and principles underlying effective functioning of work groups, as well as the necessary skills to competently function within small and/or large organisations. Possible job titles relevant include:
- Marketing Executive
- Brand Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Brand Ambassador
Delivery and Assessments
This program BSB50620 Diploma of Marketing and Communication is delivered in a classroom-based environment with face to face delivery. The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of practical projects and tasks with a simulated workplace, tutorials, and group activities.