This qualification reflects the varied roles of individuals across different industry sectors who apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge.
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 or international equivalent, or a minimum 2 years industry experience in related fields.
- Students must have good communication skills. Candidates whose English is not their first language are required to prove their English language skills which is equivalent to an intermediate level (IELTS 5.0).
Duration : 40 weeks tuition plus 12 weeks term breaks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB30115
|BSBWHS307||Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace|
|BSBADM311||Maintain Business Resources|
|BSBCMM301||Process Customer Complaints|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBFLM303||Contribute to effective workplace relationships|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBITU302||Create electronic presentation|
|BSBITU306||Design & Produce Business Documents|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and developments|
Elective units are relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level.
After achieving the BSB30115 Certificate III in Business, students may undertake the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Customer Service Advisor
- Data Entry Operator and/or Word Processing Operator
- General Clerk and/or Clerical Worker
- Payroll Officer
- Typist and/or Receptionist
- Administration Assistant
- Information Desk Clerk and/or Office Junior
Delivery and Assessments
This program (BSB30115 Certificate III in Business) is delivered in a classroom-based environment with face to face delivery. The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of practical projects and tasks with a simulated workplace, tutorials and group activities.