Conditions of Admission – International Students
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Latest proof of English proﬁciency (if applicable)
|Course Code||Course Name||Entry Level||Qualification|
|067733J||General English||Elementary to Upper-Intermediate||Non AQF Award|
|067734G||IELTS Preparation (IELTS)|
|IELTS 1||Intermediate to Upper-Intermediate||Non AQF Award|
|IELTS 2||Upper-Intermediate to Advanced||Non AQF Award|
|088071B||English for Academic Purposes (EAP)|
|EAP 1||Intermediate or IELTS 5.5||Non AQF Award|
|EAP 2||Upper-Intermediate or IELTS 6.0||Non AQF Award|
|EAP 3||Advanced or IELTS 6.5||Non AQF Award|
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Satisfactorily completed Australian year 12 (or equivalent)
|Course Code||Qualifications||English Language Proficiency||Academic Entry Requirements and/or Prerequisites|
|097985G||BSB30115 Certificate III in Business (52 weeks)||Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.0 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate II in Business or equivalent; OR Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 or international equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Business or relevant business service|
|089329F||BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business(52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate III in Business or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Business or relevant business service|
|089330B||BSB50215 Diploma of Business (52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate IV in Business or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Business or relevant business service|
|089331A||BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business (52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Diploma of Business or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Business or relevant business service|
|099106E||BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing & Communication (52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate III in Business or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Marketing and Sale service|
|099130E||BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing & Communication (78 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate IV in Marketing & Communication or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Marketing Management role|
|099105F||BSB61315 Advanced Diploma of Marketing & Communication (78 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Diploma of Marketing & Communication or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in Senior Marketing Management role|
|092630G||CUA41215 Certificate IV in Screen and Media (52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate III in Screen and Media or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in design and animation or relevant|
|092631G||CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Certificate IV in Screen and Media or equivalent; OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in design and animation or relevant|
|098092C||FNS60217 Advanced Diploma of Accounting (52 weeks)||Upper-Intermediate level or equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (overall)||Successful completion of; Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215 or FNS50217); OR A minimum 2 years industry experience in accounting and any relevant financial service|
Attendance / Academic Progress – International Students
Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress at all times. All courses are schedule 20 hours per week (face-to face classroom based). Students are expected to attend classes regularly to maintain satisfactory course progress each term.
Attendance Monitoring (for ELICOS student only)
Regular attendance of a minimum for 20 hours per week is a requirement for all students. All ELICOS student must attend a minimum of 80% at all times during their study periods. Students must also maintain satisfactory academic progress at all time.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
All International Students are required to pay Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and maintain cover for the full length of their visa. It is also the student’s responsibility to check the conditions of this health cover.
A non-refundable Enrolment/Application fee of $200.00 and $50.00 CoE issue fee (exclusive of Tuition fees and material fees) are required at the time of enrolment and this guarantees your place in the course. Students who fall behind in the payment of their fees or fail to pay their tuition fee on the due date, may be charged a late payment fee of $120.00 per term or may be refused training and assessment services and any requests until such times as the fees are paid and up-to-date. Please note that students will be required to maintain academic course progress and/or attendance requirement in consultation with the Academic Manager. Should fees remain overdue for more than one day after the due date Victory Institute will inform the student of their intention to report them for non-payment of fees to the Secretary of the Department of Education and Training via PRISMS.
Transfer of Fees between the course(s)
In the case where you have been enrolling your ELICOS with our institute and you have permission to transfer your enrolment into our VET course, an unused fee will be transferred to pay for your VET course(s). No fees will be transferred to other providers, institutions, or persons.
Other non-tuition fees the student may incur;
|Airport Pick up (one way)*||AUD $165**|
|Homestay Placement Fee*||AUD $290**|
|Oversea Health Cover Fee||Refer to OSHC provider|
|Enrolment Fee*||AUD $200|
|CoE Issue Fee*||AUD $50|
|CoE Re-issue Fee (3rd time revise)*||AUD $100|
|Material Fee (ELICOS)||AUD $150 / Level|
|Material Fee (VET)||AUD $50 / Term|
|Late Payment Fee*||AUD $120|
|Administration Fee*||AUD $200|
|Replacement Student ID Card*||AUD $15|
|Change of Timetable Fee (ELICOS)*||AUD $20|
|Change of Timetable Fee (VET)*||AUD $120|
|Re-assessment Fee*||AUD $150 / Unit|
|Interim Academic Transcript*||AUD $20|
|Duplicated Document / Re-issue Fee*||AUD $50|
|Re-issue of Statement of Attainment*||AUD $20|
|RPL Assessment Fee*||AUD $300 / Module|
|Photocopy & Print Fee (Black & White)|
|Photocopy & Print Fee (Color)||AUD $1.20 (A4), $1.70 (A3)/Page|
|Photocopy & Print Fee (Black & White)||AUD $0.20 (A4), $0.70 (A3)/Page|
Remarks: * Non-refundable ** Fees are subject to change
Refund Policy – International Students
To request a refund student must complete the Refund Request Form and submit it to Financial Department either by email to the address on the form or in person. where a refund is approved, Victory Institute will make payment of refunds within 28 days of receipt of Refund Request Form. No refunds will be paid to a third party unless it is indicated at the time the Refund Request Form is lodged that any refunds due are payable to a third party.
- This refund policy will apply only when Victory Institute has issued you with an eCoE, regardless of whether you have or have not submitted your application for a student visa.
- Course fee refunds are calculated from the date a written refund request form is received only, on the following basis:
|All refunds will attract an administration fee of $200|
|Visa Refusal||Full refund of the tuition fee*|
|Visa Refusal due to providing false or misleading information or documents||No Refund|
|Visa cancelled due to providing false or misleading information or documents, or breach your visa conditions||No Refund|
|Withdrawal 60 days prior to the commencement date||80% refund of the tuition fee**|
|Withdrawal 30 days prior to the commencement date||50% refund of tuition fee**|
|Withdrawal less than 30 days prior to the commencement date||No Refund|
|Withdrawal on or after the commencement date||No Refund|
|Visa Renewal Refusal||ELICOS: Refund of unused tuition fee***
|Health Cover||Fee refer to OSHC Provider policy|
|Airport Pick Up Fee||Non-refundable|
|Homestay Placement Application Fee||Non-refundable|
* A request for refund must be made in writing and the decision record from Department of Home Affairs (DHA) must be received by the Institute within 90 days of the decision being made from DHA. Tuition fee is not refundable for non-genuine information case. (This refund does not apply to visa renewal refusal or a visa has been cancelled due to a breach of the student visa condition.)
** Refunds granted may incur education agency’s fee.
*** The refund of unused tuition fee for English language course will be determined by weekly basis.
- If you wish to defer your course start date, you must notify Victory Institute more than 14 days prior to course commencement date. Where you are granted a course deferment and later cancel, any refund amounts will be calculated based on the original course commencement date. Student visa holders should note that any deferral will require a change of eCoE and may impact their visa status.
- Student enrol in package courses: No refunds will be made after the commencement date, of the course where 2 or more courses are packaged, the conditions apply to all elements. Note that for packaged courses the course start date is taken to be the start date on the first course.
- Deposit is a partial payment of tuition fee and be paid prior to issue the CoE.
- Student are required to arrange the balance of the tuition fee, less the deposit amount prior to the course commencement date.
- Deposit is refundable in the case of visa refusal; all other cases, deposit is non-refundable.
Tuition fee will be refund in full in any cases of provider default:
- The course offer does not start on the agreed start date
- Provider has had a sanction imposed
Tuition fees will not be refunded under the following circumstances:
- When a student enrolment is terminated for failure to comply with Victory Institute’s policies and procedures.
- When a student breaches any of the visa requirements of his or her visa as imposed by the Australian Government.
- A student does not commence (i.e., does not arrive or has not arranged with us for a later start date because of health or compassionate reasons)
- A student requests a transfer to another provider prior to the completion of 6 months of their principal course in Victory Institute and this request is not approved.
- A student terminates a course during study period.
Tuition fee will be refunded in full in any cases of provider default:
- Under the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) framework, if Victory Institute is unable to full ﬁll its obligations to complete a course. The new TPS framework will facilitates the placement of students in the ﬁrst instance, and where this is not possible, provides a refund of unexpended tuition fees (i.e. tuition the student has paid for but has not been delivered by the provider). This replaced the previous combination of Tuition Assurance Schemes and the ESOS Assurance Fund.
- Victory Institute defaults if the course they offer does not start on the agreed starting day.
- Victory Institute defaults if the course stops being provided after it starts and before it is completed, or the course is not provided fully to the student because the registered provider has had a sanction imposed.
- If Victory Institute defaults, Institute will refund to the student within 14 days after the default day and receipt of your Refund Request Form.
- Victory Institute will give the student a statement that explains how the refund amount has been worked out.
- Victory Institute dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
- The refund policy is subject to review from time to time.
- The Institute recommends that you read the ESOS Framework Information, which provides legislative protection for International students, available at https://internationaleducation.gov.au/regulatory-information/pages/regulatoryinformation.aspx
Student Complaints and Appeals (National Code Standard 10)
If you have a problem or complaint, you should talk to your trainer or Student Support Ofﬁcer. If the matter cannot be resolved informally, you may lodge a formal complaint by completing a Complaints and Grievances Form (available from reception and on our website).
- You then will have an opportunity to formally present your case at no cost. You may be accompanied and assisted by a support person at any relevant meetings.
- The process commences within 10 working days of the formal lodgement of your complaint and supporting information and all reasonable measures are taken to ﬁnalise the process as soon as practicable.
- You will be given a written statement of the outcome including details of the reasons for the outcome.
- If you are not satisﬁed with the outcome in terms of not having had the opportunity to present your case properly.
- The process not being carried out in accordance with Victory Institute’s policies and procedures or;
- The decision being made contrary to the evidence provided You will have 7 working days to appeal the decision.
The Principal will convene to consider the appeal within 10 working days of the request being received and you will be advised of the appeals outcome within 10 working days.
- If you are not satisﬁed with the result or conduct of Victory Institute’s complaints handling and appeals processes, you have the right to access the external appeals process at minimal or no cost.
- During the complaints and appeals process, Victory Institute will ensure to maintain your enrolment and you must attend you class as usual.
- If the internal or any external complaint handling or appeal process results in a decision that supports you, Victory Institute will immediately implement any decision and/or corrective and preventative action required and advise you of the outcome.
- If the students are not satisfied with the outcome they will be advised to lodge an external appeal to external bodies (Overseas Students Ombudsman)
Student Code of Conduct
All people associated with Victory Institute have the same rights. Harassment, bullying and victimisation will not be tolerated at Victory Institute. Discrimination on any grounds is unacceptable. Students who feel that they are being sexually harassed or are the victims of any sort of racism should initially contact the Student Welfare Ofﬁcer. If the complaint is sufﬁciently serious, the Principal may establish a formal inquiry and/or refer to external authorities.
Change of Address and Contact Details
Upon arriving in Australia, you are required to advise us of your residential and email address, telephone number and of any subsequent changes to these contact details must notify the college within 7 days of the change. It is your responsibility to ensure that you always update your contact details at the Institute to ensure you receive important information about your course, fees receipts and any other important information at least every 6 months.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Information is collected during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2018, to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visa and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018. Information collected about you on this form and during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. In other instances information collected during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorised or required by law, this may include and the circumstance of any suspected breach by the student of a student visa condition.