FEE REFUND SCHEDULE
Under the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) framework, students are entitled to a refund under the provision of the ESOS Act 2000 and ESOS Regulations 2001 in the following circumstances.
Fee refund schedule:
|Visa refusal prior to commencement date||– Full refund less administration fee of $200*
– Non-refundable for students whose visa was refused as non-genuine student*
|Withdrawal 60 days prior to the commencement date||80% refund of tuition fees less administration fee of $200**|
|Withdrawal 30 days prior to commencement date||50% refund of tuition fees less administration fee of $200**|
|Withdrawal less than 30 days prior to the commencement date||No refund|
|Withdrawal after the commencement date||No refund|
– The course offer does not start on the agreed starting date
– Provider has had a sanction imposed
|Visa extension is refused||Refund of unused tuition fees***|
|Compulsory Health Insurance (Student Visa holders only)||Refer to OSHC provider|
|Airport Pick-up||Full Refund if service cancelled prior to flight arrival|
1. Refund form signed by student needs to be submitted to Admissions.
2. Administration Manager assesses the application and supporting documents to make a decision
3. In the case of an application being granted, the document will be forwarded to the Accounts Department for processing of the refund amount.
4. The application refund case will be submitted to the Executive Director to approve.
5. Student will be informed of the outcome
6. In the case of unsatisfactory outcome, the student will be advised to lodge a complaint and appeal as per consumer’s rights in accordance with state/territory laws
7. All refund cases will have the refund processed within 28 working days
* A refund request must be made in writing and the Institute must receive the decision record from DIBP within 90 days of the date decision made from DIBP. Tuition fee is non-refundable in case of a non-genuine student. (Visa renewal refusal or a visa cancelled due to a breach of the student visa condition cannot apply for this refund.)
** Refunds granted may incur education agency’s fee.
*** Refunds granted may incur education agency’s fee. The refund of unused tuition fee for Vocational courses will be determined on a course term basis. The refund of unused tuition fee for ELICOS will be determined on a weekly basis.
Tuition fees will not be refunded under the following circumstances:
- A student enrolment is terminated for failure to comply with Victory Institute’s policies and procedures.
- A student enrolment is terminated for failure to comply with the requirements of their student visa by DIBP.
- A student does not commence (i.e., does not arrive or has not arranged with us for a later start date because of health or compassionate reasons)
- A student terminates a course during the study period.
Tuition fee will be refunded in full in any cases of provider default:
- Under the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) framework, if Victory Institute is not able to fulfil its obligations to complete a course, the TPS framework will facilitate the placement of students in the first instance, and where this is not possible, provide a refund of unexpended tuition fees (i.e. tuition the student has paid for which has not been delivered by the provider). This replaces the previous combination of Tuition Assurance Schemes and the ESOS Assurance Fund.
- Victory Institute defaults if the course they offer does not start on the agreed starting day.
- Victory Institute defaults if the course stops being provided after it starts and before it is completed or the course is not provided entirely to the student because the registered provider has had a sanction imposed.
- If Victory Institute defaults, the student will be refunded within 14 days after the default day and receipt of Refund Application Form.
- Victory Institute will need to give the student a statement that explains how the refund amount has been worked out.
- Victory Institute dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
- This agreement and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the student’s right to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
- The refund policy is subject to review from time to time.
- The Institute recommends that you read the ESOS Framework Information, which provides legislative protection for International students, available at: https://internationaleducation.gov.au/Regulatory-Information/Pages/Regulatoryinformation.aspx